My 80's Inspired 40th Birthday



February 15, 2017 C Day Celebration
Highlights from my 40th Birthday Party

I had a great time celebrating my 40th birthday party at the Christina Skating Center (christianaskatingcenter.com) located in Newark, Delaware.  I was so happy that all my good
 friends and family joined me in skating the night away.  At first I was not sure if I was going
to do a birthday party this year, but after talking it over with my best friend I decided to celebrate it. 
I figured you only turn 40 once in your life so why not do something fun while burning calories.
I decided to add a little 80's theme to add more fun to the night and donate all proceeds to 
The Rosehill COmmunity Center in New Castle, DE (www.rosehillcommunitycenter.org/)




This was a skirt I made with lights underneath.  Will do a blog about how to make the skirt later.
I was so cute and I felt like a princess!! I loved the lights blinking on me in the
dark skating rink.  Soooo Cool!


By far the skirt made me happy but my gift table was definitely popping!  I just loved it!!
It was not just one thing but the flow of the simple decor that just made me happy.  I 
wanted it to be 80's decor but not what you typically see in 80's decoration.
So I added splashes of color and made my own photo's.

One gift basket was donated from Rosehill Community center and it was a fitness inspired basket filled with awesome goodies.  I made 2 baskets.  One was a movie inspired basket with lots of delicious things like candies, cookies, popcorn and sodas.  I also added 3 movies that I relate to in different ways.  The Princess Bride because by far that is the best love story ever!!!!! And it is funny.  I also added Mrs Doubtfire because It was my mother's favorite movie and I loved watching 
her laugh at it.  And Finally Tuskegee, because I love and support the Tuskegee airmen.
I actually got to meet some of them.  Very humble men



I had a great night and I really appreciate everyone for making my day special!!


No comments